Friday, November 23, 2007

No Sale

I'm staying away from the Day After Thanksgiving Sale madness today. I did it years ago and was scarred for life.

The top three reasons why I don't do Black Friday anymore:

1. I don't wanna spend money I don't have

2. I don't wanna deal with finding a parking space

3. I don't wanna deal with the crowds

Of course, when I went to a club in L.A. the night before Thanksgiving, these same reasons could be applied to why I shouldn't be in a club in L.A. the night before Thanksgiving. I guess I just couldn't resist the allure of $10 drinks and the headache-inducing volume of the latest dance hits.

It was a lot of fun, though (not the $10 drinks, but shaking my ass with the masses). In addition to my health, family, and friends, the go-go dancers gave me plenty to be thankful for.

I made it home in one piece and was fully functional for the next day's festivities at my brother's place. We ate, drank, and laughed all day and late into the night. I slept off my remaining hangover and woke up today ready for the traditional leftover turkey sandwiches.

Panic set in when I realized we were out of bread and I'd have to brave the retail world. I decided to improvise and wound up with a surprisingly delicious Top Ramen Turkey and Egg soup. Now I'm trying to figure out what to do with this leftover stuffing. I've got a bag of fried pork skins that's been calling my name the last coupla days. Do I dare merge the two?

Since I'm seriously considering a stuffing-and-fried-pork-skins meal right now, I guess I'll have to go to the store now. Or smoke a joint.

No comments: